Exciting times for Transport Health members!
Early in 2023, we let you know about Transport Health’s merger with HCF, Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund.
Part of that plan was to eventually welcome Transport Health members into the RT Health brand.
Things are now moving along, and Transport Health members will gradually be welcomed into the RT Health brand throughout the first half of 2024.
Here are a few answers to questions you may have about the move.
All in all, there’s no need to worry. We’re doing everything we can to make sure the process is simple and easy for you.
When will I move to RT Health?
Members will progressively be moved to RT Health between now and June 2024. Don’t worry, we’ll be in touch with you directly (via post) with advice and info when we’re preparing to move your membership across to RT Health.
You’ll have plenty of opportunity (about two months) to assess your cover and make any changes before your activation date.
Will my cover be the same?
Yes! We’ve done a lot of hard work behind the scenes to make sure your RT Health cover matches the benefits you currently enjoy. When we contact you about your new RT Health cover, you’ll get all the information you need. While there are a couple of minimal changes to the way some extras benefits are paid for some members, there are no major changes for Transport Health members.
How will the process work?
We’ll progressively move the Transport Health membership across to RT Health between March and June 2024. Members will receive direct communication every step of the way to make sure they’re across any changes and their RT Health start date.
The team at RT Health will provide you with a special welcome pack about a week before your RT Health membership is due to start.
Your welcome pack will include:
- Your new RT Health membership card (remember to use this after your RT Health start date when making your on-the-spot claims)
- Advice on how to log in to RT Health’s suite of online services, including the app and online Member Services portal
- Your special welcome letter, outlining and new information or support we can provide.
They’ll also send you an SMS or email on the day your RT Health membership starts, so please just reach out if there’s anything we can do to help.
Will I get a new membership number and membership card?
Yes! Once you receive the letter outlining your new RT Health cover, you’ll know your RT Health membership number. We’ll send your welcome pack a week prior to the date your RT Health cover starts – your membership card will be included. This is a good chance for you to make sure all the people covered by your membership are included.
On the date your RT Health membership starts, your Transport Health membership card will no longer work. Make sure you keep your new RT Health card with you to make on-the-spot claims at providers.
Why are Transport Health members moving to RT Health?
Transport Health officially merged with HCF, Australia's largest not for profit mutual health fund, in January 2023.
When we informed members of the merger, we also let them know they’d be moving to the RT Health brand to unite members of both organisations as part of our ongoing commitment to industry workers.
Transport Health and RT Health have been side by side for over six years now (as part of the RT Health Group), both with proud historical ties to the transport industry, working to provide great value health cover to hardworking Aussies.
We're now uniting under the RT Health brand, backed by HCF, to represent transport industries and a renewed commitment to industry workers. Our ethos of providing ‘small fund care, big fund security’ will support members into the future.
RT Health remains committed to serving the hardworking men and women within the Australian transport industry.
Just like Transport Health, RT Health (formerly known as the Railway & Transport Health Fund Ltd) has 130+ years of experience supporting the hardworking men and women of the transport industry.
Do I need to update anything to make my payments happen?
Members who pay via BPay: If you pay your membership via BPay, you’ll need to update your payments to include the correct biller code for RT Health. We’ll give you the info you need in your welcome pack. You may also prefer to organise direct debits payments to make paying your membership quicker and easier. Just give us a call if we can help.
Any day direct debit: If you pay your membership using the pay any day direct debit for weekly, fortnightly, quarterly or yearly, we’ll help you select a new option. You can do this in advance of your RT Health activation date. Please just give us a call and we’ll organise it for you.
Direct debit: If you pay your direct debit monthly, you won’t need to worry about updating your bank details or initiating any payments. We’ll take care of all of this for you.
Will any of my benefits change when I move to RT Health?
We've worked hard to make sure your new RT Health membership provides the benefits you've enjoyed with Transport Health. Your new product will cover you for exactly the same services and limits as your current Transport Health cover.
Benefits and limits, excess payments and waiting periods:
- Your benefit limits, your excess and any waiting periods that apply to your cover will all carry across to your new RT Health membership. That means that any benefits you’ve used this year (or in previous years for some benefits) will be included in your limits once your RT Health policy starts.
- If you have Hospital cover with an excess, we’ll also honour any excess payments you’ve already paid this year, so you won’t need to pay twice once you’re with RT Health.
- If you’re currently serving any waiting periods (if you’ve upgraded your cover, had a new family member or made other changes to your membership), they’ll also still apply to your new RT Health membership.
Members on Deluxe Extras
The payment of benefits for some services is slightly different from your current Transport Health Deluxe Extras product.
- Myotherapy will be paid under the Alternative Therapies benefit limits
- Speech Therapy, Orthoptics, Occupational Therapy and Dietetics will be paid under Specialist Therapies
Great news! You'll now get even more with an uplift in benefits on several popular services.
These include increases to the amount RT Health will pay for initial and subsequent consultations for audiology, dietetics, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and remedial massage.
Members with Healthy Choice Extras
The payment of benefits for some services is slightly different from your current Transport Health Healthy Choice Extras product.
Myotherapy will have its own benefit limit. Your cover will pay $37 for an initial consultation and $27 for subsequent consultations, up to an annual limit of $200 per person.
Will I get the same member benefits with RT Health?
Just like Transport Health, RT Health (originally named the Railway & Transport Health Fund Ltd) has 130+ years of experience supporting the hardworking men and women of the transport industry.
Plus, you’ll get even more benefits and services with the move to RT Health. These include:
- A larger team of health insurance experts to help you get more from your cover. And, they’ll be there whenever you need help.
- RT Thank You. You’ll be able to access great savings on everyday household spending items like groceries and fuel, as well as shopping and entertainment.
- One month free and a discount on HCF Life Protect Insurance.
- Access to programs to help with your health and wellbeing at RT Health’s in-person Branch 2U events. You’ll can book in for free and exclusive health assessments including heart health, skin checks and body scans.
- Keeping your kids covered. RT Health’s family extension products can help you keep your kids on your membership until they’re 31.
- Central magazine. Immerse yourself in the RT Health community with our summer and winter magazines. Lots of news from our community, members and some informative items about how to make the most of your cover.
- Be well. Get well. Stay well. A monthly email to keep you up to date with all the offers and news from RT Health.
- An improved range of online services, including social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and TikTok), a better website, claiming app and online Member services portal.
- And much more!
Will I continue to get the members benefits I’ve been receiving as a Transport Health member?
The Transport Health team will continue to help you through this transition (and beyond!). They’ll be part of a bigger team of private health insurance experts. That means you’ll have more people able to help you get the most value from your health cover and to help you out when you need a hand.
And remember, you’ll continue to get benefits like you’ve received since Transport Health became part of HCF under the RT Health Group back in November 21. Here are just a few:
- The deferral of premium increases for seven months from April to November 2022.
- Members who were with Transport Health on or before 1 November 2021 received two month’s free health cover.
- Our cashback initiative. We returned COVID claims savings to eligible members in December 2022 and again in 2023.
- No premium increases or lower premium increases. In 2022, premium increases for Transport Health members were the lowest in 20 years.
- Discounts on HCF Pet and Travel Insurance.
I have a dependent student on my membership. Will anything change?
Great news! RT Health has awesome arrangements to help you keep your kids on your cover longer. With RT Health, you don’t need to register your dependent students until they turn 22, and they can stay on your cover until they’re 31 (with a family extension product).
How can I find out more about RT Health?
RT Health, just like Transport Heath, has been around for 130+ years supporting the hardworking men and women of the transport industry. Uniting these two brands means there’s a wealth of experience in private health insurance under one roof … and we have a combined 260 years’ experience in knowing what members want from their health cover.
For an insight into RT Health’s proud history, check out this great video on their website. You find it here.
The RT Health website is available 24/7. Just go to www.rthealth.com.au
While you’re there, take a look around. You can familiarise yourself with the content and get ready to register for the online Member Services portal. There are also a few added features, including the Stay Well blog, current and previous editions of the RT Health Central magazine and much more!
I’d like some more info or need some help. How can I get in touch?
We’re always here if you need us. If you have any questions, please call us on 1300 806 808 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm AEDT). You can also reach out via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When will I find out more?
We’re committed to keeping you fully informed through every step of the process, so you’ll know well in advance if there are any changes or updates you need to know about. Every Transport Health member will receive advice (all via post) about their move to RT Health. You can expect to receive your communication in the first half of 2024.
We’re here to help you every step of the way.
If you have any questions, please call us on 1300 806 808 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm AEDT). We’ll be happy to help.